Manuscript Templates for IEEE AFRICON 2017 Proceedings
MS Word and LaTeX templates for IEEE AFRICON 2017 conference papers (A4 page size only) are provided at: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE AFRICON 2017 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full or limited (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE AFRICON 2017 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Final Paper Guidelines:
All final paper should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages including figures. An additional fee of 100 USD will be charged for each additional page up to a maximum of eight (8) pages.
Important IEEE Policy Announcement:
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice.
IEEE Web Page on Plagiarism:
IEEE Web Page on Double Submission:
PDF Instructions for Authors
Before Creating a PDF
- Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact Darryn Cornish at email@example.com for the appropriate
- Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding. Detailed instructions can be found at:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2775-4/17/$31.00 ©2017 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2775-4/17/$31.00 ©2017 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2775-4/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress site.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
• 39848X for the Conference ID
• your email address
• a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab.
Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.